Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Amazon Shopping Experience

I've been a regular Amazon shopper for a long time now. Basically, ever since I got my own debit card, I've been exploiting my checking account to the fullest and even taking chunks out of my saving to buy things online. Amazon has had the “recommended items” for a some time, but I have never really paid them much attention. Whenever I go to buy things on Amazon, I know exactly what I am looking for from the exact name down to the model or series number. Having Amazon offer things to me which I was not looking for, in my eyes, is completely useless. I am not one of those people to buy things at first sight and do my research before making purchases. I may occasionally take a look at their “Today's Recommendations For You” section, but that is merely to waste time. Because I have already usually purchased the item I needed, I have no use for any of the similar options they offer me. One of my major lines of products I purchase over amazon is audio equipment and gym equipment. Just because I have recently purchased a pair of resistance bands, or a subwoofer, does not mean I need a second one. This is exactly what Amazon is offering – similar items to what I purchased. I find this completely useless and yes – intrusive. I definitely would not purchase any more items because Amazon is showing them to me. I treat the website like a store and just because there is a shelf full of similar items, it does not mean I will purchase every single one off that shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment